Bridgestone Blizzak Tires, useful during winter  
 

March 18, 2005

By: Ali
Website: http://www.buying-tires.com

Bridgestone Blizzak Tires, useful during winter

Bridgestone Blizzak tires were made in Japan in 1988. These stud-less snow tires are for exclusive use in the winter season. The most popular models are the Blizzak WS-50, Blizzak MZ-01 and 02 and Bridgestone Winter Dueler DM-Z2, which are sized for light trucks and SUV’s and are widely known as “The Ice Grippers”. The Blizzak W965 and Blizzak MZ-03 run-flat tires were introduced for commercial light trucks and are respected by their patrons.

Specialty of the Bridgestone Blizzak Tire: The Multicell dual tread compound, consisting of outer tread cap and underlying base compounds, makes Blizzak ice and snow tires from Bridgestone unique. The numerous microscopic pores in the compound help in removing the thin water layer on the surface of an icy road thus reducing hydroplaning, and it enhances the driving and breaking effort on an ice and snow covered surface. When the Blizzak tires become worn, the pores on the tire are exposed, creating a number of biting edges that give strong grip on the icy roads. When the tire gets 50% worn-out, the tread depth indicator on the tire tread provides notification.

Caring instructions for long lasting performance: Blizzak tires are not all-season tires, so, in order to ensure a longer life span, these tires should only be used during the winter season. Bridgestone Blizzak tires give 12000 to 15000 miles of winter service before wearing out. Hence it gives coverage for 4 to 5 winter seasons if not used in other seasons. The top 55% of the tire’s tread comprises of multi-cell tread compound and the remaining 45% comprises of standard winter tread compound. These tires are not advisable for reuse if the upper 55% of tread depth is worn out.

The extra deep treads on this variety of Bridgestone tires provide excellent grip on deep snow.

Author Notes:

Ali contributes and publishes news editorial to http://www.buying-tires.com.  Your online tire source for all you need to know about tires.

 
© 2003- 2008 www.buying-tires.com. All Rights Reserved.